Friday, July 18, 2008

updated route

I rode a bit of the route I have planned for September. I made a few changes.

I think I need a new seat cushion. After about an hour of riding, my butt really hurts.

In any event, I rode from East Pete into Lancaster city, then up King street to Plum and out New Holland Ave to Butter road. I took Butter road all the way to Quarry road, then Quarry Road back out to New Holland Pike in Leola. I then took a left onto Newport road through Center Square and Talmage, then stopped at Brownstown. From East Pete to Brownstown took exactly 40 minutes. Not terrible I think. The complete ride will most likely take over three hours, but I think with two stops, it should work...Definitely will need two stops or else our butts are really going to be sore.

I'm going to have to re-work the route in the city though. They are building a new convention center, which is currently a terrible eyesore, and the 100 Block of East King Street is all torn up. From the look of it, the building won't be all that much better looking once it is done. It's unfortunate really. If it's supposed to attract people to Lancaster City, shouldn't it...well, look attractive?

Just a thought.

No comments: