Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Oil change time

Well, tomorrow morning I am going to make my first attempt at a solo oil change for my scooter. I've never changed the oil on a vehicle by myself so this will be a new experience, but I've seen it done enough so I'm not terribly concerned. It did take me a while to find the oil. Wal-Mart had nothing, Advance Auto Parts had nothing, and I ended up at Pep-Boys. They sell scooters (though they didn't have anything street legal in stock), so I was relatively certain they would have what I needed, and they did.

So, I got home to find the oil change tray I bought won't fit under my bike right, so I need to either find another pan or find a way to get the bike up off the ground so I can get the pan all the way under the oil drain. I'll figure it out, I'm sure. Worst case scenario, I can take the other pan back and get something more functional.

No comments: