Thursday, July 10, 2008

Scootin around the county

Yesterday I attended a viewing for a recently departed friend. I went there via scooter even with the threat of rain. It was rather enjoyable, despite the few sprinkles, with the exception of the motorists who seem to be convinced that anyone on a scooter needs passing, whether or not they are exceeding the speed limit.

Since taking up scooting three months ago, I have found that my biggest annoyance is motorists who will blast past me, when I am going at or above the speed limit. There's a reason the word "limit" is there. I realize my scooter does not have great acceleration; however, there are plenty of small cars out there that do not accellerate very well either. I don't see them getting passed in the middle of an intersection.

Such a thing happened to me this morning. I was on rt.23, at the light by Lancaster Labs, when some dufus pulls around me while I was accelerating. They seem to be flaunting their big budgets with their oversized v8's. Well, when they are complaining of $5.00 a gallon gas, I'll just chuckle and scoot on by.

No comments: