Sunday, July 20, 2008

The long road home...

I had to work this morning. When I went out at 6 there was dew on the seat of my Vino, and on the windscreen. I should have worn a sweatshirt because it was a little brisk this morning. At least it was not terribly foggy, though there were a few fields covered in wispy mist, which was pretty to look at.

On my way home, I had to stop for gas. I'd only gotten 90 miles per gallon out of the last tank, but I think that was due to taking my son for a ride and carrying stuff for work, which gets kinda heavy. Adding an additional 20 - 70 pounds seems to change my fuel economy, though it's still a lot better than my car.

Well, in any event, I left the gas station, hopped down a side road, and there was a lady on a Wildfire like my best friend has, though hers was red instead of blue and had a trunk on the back rack. She said she had gotten it from the same place he had gotten his. I didn't get a chance to get any info out of her on how she's found it to be performance and reliability-wise. It seemed to be running well for her from my observations, so that is a good sign.

It was nice to see yet another scootster out there. I see at least one a day, and always someone new and different.

No comments: