Monday, July 14, 2008

Relaxed

I took my family to Baltimore and D.C. this weekend. My son had a blast and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, except now our feet feel like they are going to fall off.

We visited the National Aquarium in Baltimore on Saturday and walked around Washington yesterday. The Botanical gardens are amazing, despite the global warming propaganda all over the place. After leaving the botanical gardens we went to the Native American history museum, which was a bit of a let down. Our visit to the Air and Space museum next door made up for it though. We then went to the National Art museum, and while I hunted up some impressionist paintings, my wife sat in the lobby with our son, resting her tired feet.

Today, we went to the National Zoo. That was really quite neat. I have never seen a live Panda before and was surprised by how small they actually are. They really aren't much different in size from a black bear. By the time we made the circuit of the zoo, we were so exhausted we decided to head home and try to see the rest of the nation's capitol some other day.

I was surprised by how few motor cycles and scooters there were in D.C.. I didn't see any in Baltimore and only four scooters in D.C. (aside from the other tourists on Segways, which don't count because they are just geeky). With as "Eco-friendly" as our national leaders want to appear, I saw more SUV's and trucks in D.C. this weekend than I do around here in Lancaster County. Of the scooters I saw, three were Vespas, and I think one was a Chinese Honda knock-off. Now that I look at the picture I took, I can't make out the name. Here's the two pics I got anyway.

No comments: