Sunday, July 6, 2008

New Beginning

I've always been told I was a bit eccentric. I've now proved it to myself. While conversing with my best friend/pastor, I've come to the conclusion that I want to try a road trip on my 50cc scooter. Mind you, it's only going to be from Lancaster County, PA to Hamden County, MA, but it should be an interesting ride just the same.

So far, I've run into a few obstacles.

#1. How do I find a route from here to there that avoids highways? My Yamaha Vino maxes out at 40 mph and cruises at around 34 mph.

#2. What if it rains? The tires on my scooter are not great, and while I have a new set of whitewalls with better tread waiting at the Yamaha dealer, I'm not 100% certain I can afford the cost of having them put on the vehicle.

#3. How do I survive 10 hours on a scooter without becoming completely saddle sore.

Well, my hope is, with a little luck, some help from Google maps, a pup tent, and some stops along the way, I'll survive and enjoy the journey.

Isn't that what life is really about; enjoying the journey?

No comments: