Saturday, July 19, 2008

The fad died! Leave it that way!

I don't get it. I just don't get it.

Large rim, heavy plastic framed glasses were hideous when they first came out, back whenever that was. They went away for about a decade, except for the few rare cases where some old dude or older lady would still wear them. Now, over the last few years, I've noticed that they seem to be resurfacing. I saw a young teen wearing a pair with really wide, heavy looking stems on them (I couldn't tell if the kid was a boy or girl due to their hair length and lack of...shape, as can happen at that age, which is why I simply state "young teen."). They looked hideous on the kid. Why would you want to do that to yourself?

I just don't get it.

On a less annoyed note, I picked 17 cucumbers out of my garden this morning with the help of one of my clients from the group home. He took a few home to share with his housemates, along with some hot peppers for a co-worker. He also enjoyed petting one of our cats for about 15 minutes straight. It's always fun to have visits in my home from one of my clients. The pic to the right shows some of the cucumbers.

Our sunflowers are opening now too, and despite an attack by Japanese beetles (quickly squelched with some Sevin spray), my bean plants seem to be surviving. Gardening is a true pleasure. It is a wonderful feeling to pick something from a plant that you put there, nurtured for months, and are finally able to harvest. For supper, we'll have fresh lettuce and radishes. that will be particularly nice I think.

No comments: