Sunday, July 27, 2008

Little wrinkle...

Well, I found out last week that New York State requires a motorcycle license for those operating 50cc scooters that are capable of traveling between 30 and 40 mph. My little Vino does that rather well. Since I do not yet possess an M class license, I am unable to do my Jaunt to Massachusetts via Scooter at this time.

I went to the DL center to take my motorcycle learner's permit test. I'd studies some, but missed 5 questions anyway. I'll go back Tuesday to try again. I'm sure I'll pass the second time around. If I can get the permit, I might be able to book a road test in the next two weeks. Fat chance, I know, but hey. It's worth a shot.

Anyway, I've still been scootin' around. I took my son in to Lancaster City for the Hispanic Festival yesterday. he was all excited to get rice and beans. He ate half the plate. I think I'll have to stock up on them and learn a good recipe. Finally, something he'll eat! We got a lot of smiles and comments (positive of course), from folks while we were riding.

I had to work this morning, but I got a chance to scoot while working. We take the men from the group home to Church on Sunday mornings and I was training a new staff this morning. Since we had three staff and three men going to Church, I opted to ride my scoot rather than sit in the back of the van feeling claustrophobic. One of the other staff shot the pic to the left while I preceded them on the road. I think he needs a cell phone with a better camera, but at least I didn't need to blur out my plate number!

On the thought of claustrophobia, Joe over at Scootin' da Valley, has a blog about claustrophobia in standard four wheeled vehicle. I honestly have to agree with him. It's not so bad if I'm driving, but if I have to sit in the back, wow. I feel a panic attack coming on just thinking about it. It's not as bad as riding in an elevator, but it's close. Elevators may be a great convenience, but me, I'd rather take the stairs.

No comments: