Friday, September 19, 2008

Me? A dealer? I don't really think so.

I just got a funny e-mail on my G-mail account. The text was as follows:



Dear Sir ,

Nice weekend!It is glad to write to you with keen hope to open a business relation ship with you.

I'm BBL Wang,a sales manager from Meiduo Co., Ltd. is one of the best professional company to develop and manufacture gas/electric scooter, established in 1996, we have 50cc/125cc/150cc/250cc scooter with EEC/DOT/EPA and exported worldwide.
In order to diversify our existing market, we are interested in supplying our high quality products to you on favorable terms and conditions. Upon receipt of your inquiries.
For more information, we would like to let you know our company web site as below.

www.meiduomotor.com


If you are interested in our products, please contact us at any time.
Hope to hear good news from you.
We thank you very much for your attention and look forward to your reply soon.

Sincerely Yours,
BBL Wang

2008-09-20


Wow...So, I can partner with them to sell the same types of scooters I have cautioned others against buying? I'd be willing to test their products and review them, but I don't think I'm up for taking a huge chance of ruining my own reputation by signing up as a re-seller for an untested (and from what I can tell from some quick internet searches, unreviewed) product?


I responded stating that I'd be happy to review their products, but I haven't the wherewithal or interest to purchase a franchise. Heck, I'd be excited to do product reviews for some of these companies. From what I've read, not all Chinese scooters are junk (though it seems to be the predominant theme), and some can actually be 100% reliable and of superior build quality. If they wanted to prove to me that they have a superior product, I'd be more than happy to put one or more of their scooters through it's paces, put several thousand miles on it, and see how well it holds up. That might take me a while on a 50cc, so maybe they could send me a 150 or 250...Heck, I'd take a 50 as well, just so I could review them all.


I'm not holding my breath though.

No comments: