Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Informal Scooter ride

I just returned from a short little scoot with some other folks who appear to have a little informal scooter club that meets on Wednesday evenings here in Lancaster just to swap stories, chat, and look at each others' scooters. We met at a gentleman's house where he has five(that I could see) vintage scooters in various stages of repair.

I was glad when Gerry from Scoot Lancaster showed up. I was starting to wonder if I was going to be the only person there with a 50cc. He came in on his Yamaha C3. I finally got a chance to look at it up close. It's a nice little scooter, and it's a bit bigger than mine.

I will say, you know you've got the smallest scooter at a gathering when someone calls your scooter "cute."

All in all, it was a great little ride. We scooted over to the Friendly's in Centerville to enjoy some ice cream. Gerry and I were on our little 50's and the three other folks who went on the ride all had 250's. I must say, I wish I could afford a Vespa. I was really impressed by the clean lines and classy styling of those scooters.

Well, I'm still lookin' forward to Saturday. Here's to hoping we don't get rained out!

2 comments:

rewdey said...

paul any idea of how long the rides gonna be I have to work at 4 on saturday afternnoon. Also how does one go about being informed of the scoot nucleus starting up? im a budding rider and have been all summer so, id really like to get know some of the buds for the group/ thanks again and thanks for the headsup
-morgan

Scootin' Fool said...

The ride should be about 3 hours. We'll probably be done by 2 or three o'clock. Of course, if you need to break off early, that's fine too.

As for the group that meets on Wednesdays, e-mail me at psscootinfool@gmail.com.