Wednesday, September 24, 2008

50cc Perspectives

There's something to be said for taking it slow. Taking in the scenery is so much easier when it isn't going past at an unreasonable rate of speed. A 50cc scooter gives one an unhindered opportunity to enjoy their surroundings, but it comes at a cost, primarily the safety of the rider.

If you are considering the purchase of a 50cc scooter, that's fantastic; however, there are some caveats. It took me very little time to realize that motorists don't care about the safety of that guy on the scooter there that they just ran off the road. 50cc scooters are a great, cost effective solution for roads with a low speed limit, say 25 or 30 mph. Anything above that speed is asking for trouble. I discovered that, only after I'd purchased my Vino, and here, several months later, I found myself upgrading.

I recommend that if you are looking to purchase a scooter, you should weigh your options carefully. If you live in a city, 50cc is a great idea. If you live in a rural or suburban area, a 50cc scooter may not be enough to get you out of the way of that soccer mom in the hummer bearing down on your tail.

No comments: