Thursday, November 13, 2008

YAY!

Well, I took my motorcycle test today, and got very wet.

When I started out from home, it wasn't raining. I stopped to get gas at the WaWa in East Pete, then headed down 741 to the driver's center. By the time I got there, is was raining steadily, though I was not yet terribly wet.

I went into the driver's center, the man behind the counter took my info and told me to go to the back of the building. At this point, the rain was really coming down.

I pulled around behind the driver's center and waited ten minutes for the examiner to come out. By the time he came out, I was thoroughly drenched, despite my thick canvas coat.

He had me do three figure 8's, then had me maneuver around some dots on the pavement and stop at a specific spot. Let me tell you, doing figure 8's in the rain is not easy, but counter steering around the dots was easy stuff.

Needless to say, I passed, which is exciting since now I can legally ride with my son or after dark (or both).

Happy day!

3 comments:

Lee said...

Congrats on passing the test. You might want to consider one of the training courses when it stops raining. They help you to understand the road better. I learned a lot from them.

Joe said...

Hot diggety, Paul! Welcome to the world of "M!" I'll recommend the safety course too - the experienced rider's section which I found to be very helpful.

Joe

Scootin' Fool said...

Yes, thank you. I plan to take the MSP in the spring, but I just wanted to get the test out of the way so I could legally ride home from work at night. For now, just having the M class license is enough.