Friday, November 21, 2008

The weather outside is frightful

But I went for a short ride on the scoot this afternoon anyway. It was a nice ride, despite the cold, and the roads were all clear.

When I went outside this morning, I found about an inch and a half of light floofy snow on the Silver Streak. I had to run to work and my wife was going to help me with the shopping, so we took her car, but not before I got some pictures of my poor scooter all covered in snow.

The fact that the snow was not laying on the road did not stop a couple of folks from having an accident along the intersection of Rt 272 and Landis Valley road, shortly before my wife and I got there. It amazes me how even the threat of snow seems to throw Lancastrians for a loop.

We did see some beautiful scenery along the way. it's too bad that winter shots don't come out as well as they could.

After I finished up at work, and we returned home, I took the scoot for a short ride. Since the roads were clear, I had no trouble with skidding at all, and got to see some remarkable wintry landscapes.

Scoot safe and enjoy the weather!

No comments: