Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Today is the most dreaded shopping day of the year. My wife and I considered getting up at 5 am to go shopping but decided at 8 am that we would pass. Think about that one for a moment, you'll get it.

In any event, I started the day by making pancakes for my family, after which, my wife and I did go shopping, but we went to places that aren't exactly known as high cost shopping destinations. We started out at "The Dollar Tree" in the Golden Triangle on Lititz Pike. We then went to Michael's Arts and Crafts to pick up some craft stuff for my wife so she could make some Christmas gifts for our relatives. After that, I had to take her to physical therapy, and we went to the Olive Garden for Lunch.

I am very glad we did not try to go to the mall today. the mall parking lot was packed, and people were parking accross the street at the Olive Garden, just to have a space to park.

After lunch, I took my wife to Jo-Ann Fabrics for some more craft items. I was then able to impose upon her to let me go over to Lancaster Honda to look around.

Lancaster Honda has two Ruckii (the plural for Ruckus?), two metropolitans, and a SilverWing on the showroom floor. They also have two 150cc scooters and a sport bike by United Motors on the floor. The UM scoots are Chinese built, and the build quality seems so-so. I will say that they seem to have a good amount of floorboard space, but it's angled inward, which felt a little uncomfortable on the ankles for me. Perhaps I'll take one for a test ride and give my impressions here. The scoots do have the fake ABS common on Chinese scoots, which is little more than a pass through valve and makes the front brake less responsive than it could be. Of course, I've read that the valves are easy to remove, making braking much less slushy.

Well, I am off to take my son for a ride. In the meantime, here are some photos for your perusal:

No comments: