Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Day off

Today is my day off. I had wanted to take a nice long ride accross the countryside, but my wife was feeling ill, so I put off the ride for a little while. I was getting ready to go, when I got a call from my son's school. Let's just say...he got a little enforced vacation...

Turns out, my son was having some difficulties due to some pent up emotions. If you've ever worked with anyone with post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), you'll understand that sometimes it can be set off at the least provocation.

Here's a little history. My son was adopted two and a half years ago. He came from an abusive home when he joined our family as a foster child four years ago in September. His PTSD comes from the abuse he received from his birth parents. He's a great kid, but he has some definite struggles.

To add a little more stress to my day, when i was coming home with my son, my wife called to say she was feeling worse and the doctor had told her to go to the E.R., so, my day was all sorts of fun.

Needless to say, I didn't get a chance to ride the scoot today. I do have a pic I took on Tuesday morning though. It was a beautiful day for a ride. Chilly, but beautiful.

I can't wait for the first snow to fly.

No comments: