Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Scoot to the polls!

It's November 4 and the polls are open. Go support the democratic process and make your voice heard. Not only is there a presidential election occurring, but there are also congressional seats up for grabs and state government positions being voted upon.

Here in Lancaster county, we also had a referendum for "Home Rule" which would fundamentally change the form of county government. Here is a link to a site in support of Home Rule. Unfortunately, I could not find a group specifically opposing the idea; however, a search of the forums at the Lancaster Newspapers' "Talkback" will reveal several arguments against the idea.

Regardless of whom you are going to vote for and which referendums you will support or stand against, please, exercise your freedom and go vote. If you are a scootster or a motorcyclist, I recomend that you also ride your two wheeler to the polls. This is a great day to show off your ride and build awareness that we are out here, and perhaps win some converts to a two-wheeled way of life.

2 comments:

Joe said...

Pennsylvania's county governments are pathetic. Every form of government from local municipalities through the fed have a good system of checks and balances, but not the counties where a two person majority of three commissioners decides everything, particularly whose nephews and dead beat brothers-in-law get the country jobs. Good luck on changing that in Lancaster!

Somebody with a handful of political cardboard for a candidate I'll not be voting for showed up on my porch a little while ago. I answered the door with, "Surely you don't think you're going to change my mind on election day?" She backed off with a chuckle and said, "Oh, no! I'm just here to remind you to vote." I returned, "Believe me! I WILL be voting today." I don't remember a presidential race that generated as much excitement as this one since I've been old enough to cast my ballot. It feels good to see so many persons finally fired up about who gets into the White House.

LOL! My word verification letters for this comment spell "lorse." Sounds like a Dr. Seuss character of some sort!

-Joe

Lee said...

I was going to ride my scooter to the polls, but I had other errands to run right after I left, so it stayed garaged.