Monday, November 24, 2008

Some people think I'm crazy...

Including my wife, but she's held that opinion for years.

I rode my scooter in to work this morning. It was about 25 degrees or so when I woke up and my car was all frosted up. It would have taken longer to defrost the car, so I just started the scoot, let it warm up for a minute while I bundled up, and took it to work.

My nose and chin were a little chilly when I arrived, but otherwise I got there in one piece. I did notice a few patches of what may have been black ice, but I was able to avoid them fairly easily.

I stopped at the Neffsville flower shop on my way home and the ladies behind the desk chuckled, but were more than happy to help me find a small flower arrangement that would fit in my scoot's topbox so I could take it home to my wife. It's a nice little bouquet actually, with hydrangea and lillies mixed with a couple sunflowers. Very autumnal.

I even got a pic of the scoot in front of the shop. It looked very "old world" parked in front of the brick building.

No comments: