Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Whistling in the dark...

Well, actually...it's more of a whine.

I don't know about anyone else, but I love night riding. Sure, I know it's a more dangerous time to ride, but the air is cooler, there are fewer people on the road and the shadows created by the headlight on my Vino are funky. Ok, the third reason isn't really viable, but the other two are.

Riding at night is very peaceful. It presents its own unique challenges, particularly on unfamiliar roads, but I know the road I ride to and from work every night so well by now I could probably ride it with my eyes closed.

I've also seen more wildlife at night riding the scoot. Unfortunately, since the headlight isn't terribly bright, I can't always tell for certain what it is that I am seeing as it scuttles off the road to avoid my buzzing scoot.

I can see the sky a lot better now with no roof above me. The stars are wonderful in this part of Lancaster County. Since there isn't a whole lot of light pollution, the sky is clear and stars are bright. It's quite a way to end a workday.

No comments: