Monday, August 18, 2008

Scootin to the movies!

And there was even a scene with a scooter in it. I couldn't tell what kind though since it was more a prop than anything else...

I'm talking about "The Dark Knight." The movie definitely lives up to its name. It is very dark. It's a great film from my perspective, but it definitely deserves its rating. I was glad to see that no one had any small children there as there were a lot of disturbing scenes.

I scooted over for the 7:45 showing at Penn Cinema over by the airport. The film really captured the feel of the more recent comic books, though the series hasn't really gotten into the dichotomy that is Bruce Wayne. I'm sure they will get there as they add films to the series.

It was a beautiful night for a ride though. Just a little chill in the air, enough to warrant wearing a jacket, but not enough to actually zip the jacket. I still am amazed though at how often I get passed, when doing the speed limit, in a non-passing zone. it happened again tonight, and I had someone try to pass me today as I was driving one of the vans at work. It's just crazy. Some people seem to have no thought for their own safety, nevermind the safety of others.

I'm hoping to get a chance to work on some fliers for the Sept 13 ride this weekend. I recently learned that there is a ride for 200cc and up that same weekend, but that's cool since the ride I'm planning is for 50cc and up and should dovetail nicely with the other ride.

No comments: