Monday, August 25, 2008

Smell that fresh country air!

Lancaster County has one thing that there wasn't all that much of where I grew up in Massachusetts; Farmland! Sure, we had a few little farms, and some sheep folds here and there amongst the hills, but the Berkshire mountains aren't really conducive to raising anything other than sheep, goats, and hardy cattle breeds. There is a rather sizable chicken farm along route 8 in Becket or Otis Mass, but that's pretty rare up that way.

On my way home from church yesterday, I saw this beautiful view down into the valley. While the amount of flat land sometimes creeps me out (having grown up in the mountains), I am often awestruck at the beauty of it. It sure makes for some enjoyable scootin' when there's such wonderful landscapes to look at.

I took the pic at the bottom on my way to church. It was just too cool of a picture to pass up. It was kind of inspired by a pic I saw of Joe's from "Scootin' Da Valley". His is a little different since it has his face in the middle of it, but I knew I'd prolly break my camera if I tried that.

1 comment:

Joe said...

I love being an inspiration, especially when I'm out done. A beautiful shot!

I wish you guys were a little closer than Lancaster so I could join you on your planned ride.

-Joe