Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I need to mount a camera to my handlebars...

So I can take pics of all the other scoots I see. I saw five other scoots today. That is the most I've seen in quite a while. One of them happened to be my buddy with the Wildfire which, quite happily, is still running well for him. We passed each other on Old Oregon Road and did the "biker wave."

I also saw a Honda Metropolitan in blue and white (Ocean paint scheme). It was very nice looking. Then there was a red Vino 125, much like my Vino 50, but with the obvious fact that it was going a tad faster than my Vino can muster. The other two scoots appeared to be nameless Chinese buggers without any clear markings. One of them was quite sharp with a yellow and black paint scheme.

It was a nice day to be out though. The temp was about 80, so it was cool enough that I could have been wearing a jacket, but I enjoy the wind blowing through my shirt. If it weren't for the combined factors that I can't legally do so and I like keeping my brains in my head should I get into an accident, I would love to go helmet-less for much the same reason.

On the note of keeping one's brains in place, I had another near accident today. I was scooting over to the offices at Friendship when some dufus in a big ol' SUV started to pull out of a side road just as I was buzzing past. He saw me just as I pulled even with his left fender and slammed on his brakes for which I am very thankful.

It makes me all the more aware of the fact that I am practically invisible to people. I think, once I have the funds to do so, that I will invest in a headlight modulator and some blinkers for the back of my scoot. I'm considering going to Radio Shack to see what I can piece together.

No comments: