Friday, April 24, 2009

Suzuki to bring mid range scooter to U.S.?

This morning I had a few errands to run and was scheduled to meet my Pastor in Terre Hill for a run to the Green Dragon Flea Market in Ephrata PA. I was running a little early, so I stopped in at the Suzuki dealership in New Holland.

They had an impressive array of bikes for such a small dealership, with two Burgmans on the floor (one 400 and a 650), several Boulevards, and a nice 250cc single.

I spoke with a gentleman there (the owner I believe), who stated that Suzuki has plans to bring a mid-range scooter to the the States sometime this summer. He said it looks somewhat like a Burgman and is supposed to be around 250cc. Perhaps it is similar to the 200cc Burgman available in Great Britain?

Time will tell. I can't seem to find anything online yet on the subject. It would be nice if they just skipped the Burgman 250 and Brought us the Gemma. Ooh that would be nice. It would certainly make sense since the Gemma looks really good and would certainly draw some looks from folks like myself who might be interested in a touring scooter for longer trips to complement their commuter.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

No comments: