Sunday, April 26, 2009

New Banner...random thoughts.

I changed my banner as any of my regular readers probably noticed already. As I've mentioned previously, I am a follower of Christ, the Risen One, and make no apology for it. I'd never mentioned it before, but the reason for my name choice for this blog was not because I'm some idiot riding a scooter (though that may be close to the mark), but rather due to my faith and the fact that many see faith in Christ as foolishness.

My faith defines me. It gives meaning and hope to my life. It may seem silly to some, especially in today's humanistic society.

I'd like to make some stickers for the scoot with the above design, including the web address of course. I just need to either figure out how to do it myself, or find a sign and sticker place that will print a few for me on the cheap. Either that or I'll paint the design on the scoot myself, but I'd rather just use decals.

On a completely unrelated note, I plan to have Rover ride to work with me tomorrow, then we'll probably run around the county a bit after 2:30. Should be fun.

3 comments:

Lee said...

You can believe whatever you want, Paul. No problem there. But, if you try to change my mind, or think that adding it to your banner will influence me or anyone in a positive manner, you're wrong.
The only ones who will have a positive comment about it will be other Christians.
Your scooter journal has not been about religion. Unless you make it that way, leave the banner the way it was.
You can post anything you want to say in your blog. People may read, or not.

Scootin' Fool said...

That was my thought. This blog is an expression of me. I am not a "religious" person in the sense that many mean it. If people don't read my blog because of the banner, well, that's their choice. It's not really intended as a "gospel pitch," just an expression of me.

David said...

Been meaning to throw my two cents in since this post first arrived, but haven't been feeling very well and haven't gotten around to it.

It's interesting, I hadn't realized your title held such depth. I like the artwork as well, and think it would look pretty good on a sticker.

To the former comment I would add that it could also be argued that the only ones who would have negative comments are non-Christians, but that likewise would be stating the obvious. Regardless though, I fail to see why one would seem to take it on such a personal level, almost as a personal "attack," as the former comment seems to suggest. Nothing that I've read even remotely seems to suggest that the author had any one specific individual in mind, but rather it is but a mere aspect of self-expression. :)

Hm, I didn't see Paul's comment. Well, there ya go.