Sunday, April 5, 2009

Feeling winded

I love spring...but I hate spring allergies.

I woke up this morning with a tickle in my throat, but thought the day would go just fine regardless. We went to Church and I practiced with the worship team (I play the harmonica), after which I started to cough...hard. So, now I am at home resting, instead of outside riding.

I had a nice ride yesterday morning, despite periodic wind gusts. My Church had a work day, so the Silver Streak and I made our way to Terre Hill. I parked her in front of the Church, on her center stand, and went inside to help put tiles in a drop ceiling. About an hour later, my pastor came to say that the scoot had fallen over in the wind. I brought her into the foyer so that wouldn't happen again, and was disappointed to see a few scratches, but did not have time to inspect the damage closely. Later, when I was about to leave, I noted a few more scratches and a crack in the windshield. Once I sat on the seat and attempted to start the scooter, I discovered that the left brake lever had bent down about half an inch.

The ride home was interesting. Not only had the wind picked up, but the windshield brackets had come loose. So there I was, fighting the wind and having to deal with a flopping windshield. When I arrived at home, I removed the windshield since I didn't want the crack to get worse. I'm going to see if it can be repaired, but it's plexiglass, which I'm not certain can be fixed.

So, here I am, with my scooter blown over yesterday, and me feeling blown out today. Well, there's always tomorrow. Perhaps it will be a better day.

3 comments:

kz1000st said...

I don't know how bad the crack is in your windshield but I had a couple in a Plexifairing I owned. I would drill a small hole at the beginning of the crack to keep it from spreading. I did it on my Kawasaki fender too. It always worked.

David said...

i think you should just get some epoxy, or maybe just a staple gun and fire away. ;)

if the winds keep up, perhaps you could don a bedsheet sail for your scoot, and reinvent a whole new mean green machine :)

Joe said...

Oh, man! Really sorry to hear of the bike being blown over, but glad you weren't on it when it hit the pavement!

Joe