Saturday, April 18, 2009

I'm sitting in a little cafe in Westfield MA. It's a nice little place called the Tea Pot Gallery. There's a guy playing the blues over yonder and I have a piece of chocolate cake and a cup of tea to keep me company. Life is indeed good.

I spent some time with my sister and brother-in-law. It was pleasant to see them. One of my nephews was fascinated by the scooter. He kept looking at my helmet and climbing on the scooter's seat.

My sister served some fish and chips, and I drank a tall cup of orange Crush...or something like that.

Well, my chocolate cake is done. The tea's still sitting there though. I think it's looking at me...oh...nevermind, that was just the money I could be saving by not switching to Geico.

Hopping place this is. Seems to be lots of younger folk, but also a good mix of older adults as well.

I wish I'd brought my harmonicas...I'd ask the guy who's playing if he wanted a little accompaniment, but they are back at my mother's house. Oh well.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Paul! I'm totally blown away that you traveled so far on your scooter! I've been too wimpy to take mine even a few hours away in any one direction.

Were you prepared to keep riding in a deluge? Was the forecast favorable when you headed out, or didn't it much matter?

How long did the whole trip take? Didn't you get significantly tired?

I like the videos! I can't promise that I'll watch every one to the end if you keep posting in video format, but they're very enjoyable as a novelty right now.

Safe travels back!

Joe