Sunday, May 3, 2009

Ride-in Rained on

I've heard of the Ephrata Ride ins for quite some time, and thought I'd finally make my way to one. It wasn't raining when I left the house, so I was hopeful for nothing more than a semi-drizzle.

The Ephrata Ride in is held monthly on the first Sunday. Bikes start to show up before 8:30 (when I got there), and, from what I was told, start to leave a good bit after that.

There were very few cycles there (I estimated around 30 or so), and those were spread around the parking lot of the American Legion. There was one other scooter there, a Burgman 400, and not much else.

I purchased a danish and some coffee from the refreshment stand, and mingled a little with the other riders.

One gentleman had a very positive opinion of my scooter, confessing to having a Yamah Riva 125 in his stable at home.

I'm looking forward to next month's ride-in. Hopefully it is a little less damp.

1 comment:

Joe said...

So the big biker types don't bust our little scooter riding butts at events like that? I'm tempted sometimes to stop in at one of the local doughnut places that always has bikes parked outside, but I have too many bad memories of outdoor recess with bullies from elementary school.

- Joe at Scootin' da Valley