Saturday, May 16, 2009

2009 Scooter Rally!

My son and I attended the New Holland Scooter rally last night and today. It was highly enjoyable. Last night we met and the Hollander Motel in New Holland, then went to eat at Sal's Pizza. My son and I went home from there.

This morning, we met the rest of the folks at Shady Maple Smorgasbord for breakfast. After breakfast, we rode around eastern Lancaster counter, and Chester county, and I think we may have gone down into Maryland. We ended up at Cyclemax outside Honeybrook.

Here's a nice little slideshow of the pics I took.



Unfortunately, I had a couple issues with what was apparently vapor lock. I started to accelerate after having the scoot turned off, and suddenly my throttle was mush. After opening the fuel tank and adding some fuel cleaner as a precaution, the problem has not returned.

3 comments:

kz1000st said...

Is that a Can Am Spyder? No fair motocycles along for the ride. I would have come along on my Kawasaki if I'd known. My scooter is making progress. The engine is back in the frame and other incidentals have been connected, but it will be awhile before it hits the road. Not that I'm complaining. The Kawaski still gets comments whenever we stop for gas.

Scootin' Fool said...

Yes, it is a Can Am Spyder. There were three motorcycles, including that one, though the spyder is more like a snowmobile with wheels. Another was a goldwing whose rider was riding along with his wife, who was on a Burgman 400, and the third was the sweep rider on a Honda Shadow 1100.

Anonymous said...

We spoke at CycleMax during the rally. Glad to hear that it was only vaporlock and not the dreaded finnicky carb. Glad to hear that you & your son enjoyed the ride ... it's always nice to see families riding together (and starting the next generation's interest). Hope to see you at the next one.