Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial day fun

First, let me express my deepest appreciation for those who have given of themselves in the service of the United States of America. If any veterans happen to read this, you have my deepest thanks for your sacrifice for my freedom.

I had the opportunity to visit Harrisburg today with the men from the group home I work in. My wife and son also accompanied us, which made it all the more fun. The reason for the trip to the capitol was an art festival with various artisans and craftsman from all over the country.

It took us a while to find parking, but I finally was able to see the state capitol building up close. I also had this view up a side street.


There were several scooters being ridden around. I saw a group of about five or six riders on maxi-scoots, but wasn't able to take a picture since I was driving at the time. I also saw a couple on a pair of Schwinn scooters, but again, I was driving, so it wasn't the best opportunity to take a photo. There was this nice little Honda Metropolitan parked near the festival.


The men from the home and the other staff who were with them had to leave, but my family and I stayed and looked through the stalls a bit longer.


We also had a wonderful view of the river. My son seemed especially entranced by the boats and water-skiers.


After we came home, we relaxed for a while, then had some hotdogs on the grill. My son decided it would be fun to spray me with the hose, so I took a scoot to dry off. It was a beautiful evening for it. The sun was nearing the horizon, and the air was clear and warm.


I saw a couple on a pair of Honda Ruckuses, or should that be "Rucki?" In any event, they seemed to be enjoying the evening as well. I had opportunity to speak with one of them at a stop, and she stated that it was her first ride.

I rode for a little longer myself, then turned toward home.

No comments: