Saturday, May 30, 2009

Ramblings and reflective tape

I had a nice ride around a bit of the county today. My son and I went golfing at Evergreen (see Wednesday's post), and took the scoot to get there since my wife was getting her hair done and she had the only car we currently have registered. Evergreen is very close to home and it worked out very well.

Later in the day, I took a ride to get some groceries. This is when most of my riding occurred for the day as I put in about thirty miles just jogging around the back roads. I'd have gone further and ridden longer, but my wife was feeling ill and I didn't want to leave her alone for too long. Ain't I nice?

I picked up the groceries at a local Giant food store, and headed home. It's amazing what one can fit in a topcase, even a moderately small one. I didn't really get all that much. Just some bread, coffee grounds and a few other small items, but a car would have truly been overkill for such a small errand.

I had to go out again later to pick up some stuff at Home Depot. While I was there, I stopped at Pep Boys to see if I could find some reflective tape for my new half-helmet. I found some, and though it was not exactly what I had wanted, I was able to cut it, with my wife's help, to do what I had wanted. I think it turned out pretty well.

A half helmet may offer only minimal protection in the event of an accident, of that I am fully aware, but it's what I was able to afford at the time, and the feel of the wind on my face is certainly refreshing.
I got a little creative with the cross on the back. It may look a little corny, but I like it.

No comments: