Saturday, October 25, 2008

Slipstreamer Scoot 30 Windshield

A recent commenter asked where I purchased my windshield. It is a Slipstreamer Scoot 30, and I purchased it from B&B Yamaha in Salunga, PA. I purchased the shield for my previous scooter, and moved it to the Kymco when I traded up.

The windshield attaches to the scooter at the mirrors using a pair of post risers and a pair of extenders. It took a fair amount of adjustment, as well as some lock-tite to keep the screws in the various connections from coming loose from the scooter's vibrations.

The Slipstreamer shield is tall enough to keep the wind off my chest (I am 5'10"), but not off my face, so a helmet with a face shield is recommended. Slipstreamer does offer two taller shields, but the smaller shield fit my needs better.

Despite the initial issues with the connectors loosening, this windshield has been a great addition to my scoot. It will certainly make my winter commutes more bearable.

A quick search of the manufacturer's website will reveal some brick and mortar locations where their windshields may be purchased, and a Google search for "Slipstreamer Scoot 30 Windshield" will reveal some web resources where the shields may be purchased.

2 comments:

Amy Jo said...

My windshield is a Slipstreamer Scoot 66. I wanted the lower profile. I like it, but have found that as it gets colder, I keep having to tighten it.

Lee said...

I have a mini windshield for my Metro. It channels all the air onto my chest and doesn't help at all. It sure does look good, though!
If I keep the metro (it's for sale), I would like to get a full size windshield for it. Even in the warmer weather, the excessive wind diminishes the fun for me.
Lee