Saturday, October 18, 2008

Riding with the big dogs!

Today's ride was a great success. Thank you to Gerry at Scoot Lancaster for organizing the ride! We had five scooters and one sport/touring bike (Gerry's). We went down by the Conestoga River all the way to the Susquehanna to a nice little overlook down near Holtwood. We then scooted back toward Lancaster and stopped for Lunch at Cactus Willie's off of Rohrerstown Road.

My son rode with me and he had an absolute blast (though he said his face got pretty chilly).

I was very impressed with how the People 150 kept up with the other scoots and the street bike. The other four scoots were 400cc and 650cc Suzuki Burgmans, so I was pleased with my scooter's ability. It had some trouble on one or two of the hills, but otherwise, it handled extremely well.

Here are some pics of the day's ride:



2 comments:

Joe said...

Is that a scooter trike I'm seeing in one of those pictures???

I'm glad you're enjoying the bigger scooter. I haven't kept up lately now that school's in full swing... Is there a work-around to that thing where your scooter was shutting down at a certain RPM?

-Joe

Scootin' Fool said...

Well, it is kind of a trike. I was joking with Will, and asked if he wasn't just a little old for training wheels. It has four wheels, not three. The drive wheel was never removed, so the two side wheels are stabilizers. They allow him to still ride even with leg trouble. I think it's fantastic.

I did get that issue squared away, and I think I commented on one of my posts about it. It seems to have turned out to be bad gas and a gummed up carb. Someone also suggested that it may have been that I was going up into the mountains at the time and the thinner air may have been the culprit. To some extent, The jury is still out, but I've been unable to duplicate the event since that day, so it seems to be resolved at this point.