Monday, October 27, 2008

The Rain in Spain...

Actually, I wish the rain we are getting at the moment would go to Spain instead. It's not as bad as I had originally expected, in fact the rain is much more bearable on my current scoot compared to the Vino. The Kymco is taller, so the windshield sits higher, and there is less space between the fairing and the bottom of the shield on the new scoot. Surprisingly enough, even with the more narrow fairing of the Kymco, my legs do not get nearly as wet as they did with the Yamaha.

My heavy canvas jacket and heavy leather driving gloves keep my chest and hands nice and dry, and a hooded sweatshirt with the hood pulled up under my helmet keeps my neck warm and dry.

I suppose proper rain gear would be more highly recommended, but what I have works very well and I haven't found any reason to change just yet.

Wind, rain, and cold I can handle, but I draw the line at snow and ice. When the snow flies, I think I will use my car and stick a tender on my scoot's battery. When the roads are clear, I'll ride the scoot. Otherwise, I think I'll play it safe.

Now, if I could rig a pair of snowmobile skis to the front fork of the scoot...

No comments: