Wednesday, October 8, 2008

If it's not one thing...

It's another.

Coming home from my weekend adventure, I noticed three things, in the order below.
  1. The first was some sluggish acceleration, and after draining some very black oil from my scooter and replacing it with clean oil of a light golden hue, she accelerates like a dream, but it didn't fix the next two problems.
  2. My People 150 wasn't starting up right away like it had originally and it seemed to be spluttering a little once started. I put some fuel system cleaner through it, and that seems to have cleared up. So now I move on to problem number three.
  3. The front end of the scoot seemed to be dragging. That's the only way I can describe the sensation. I did a little experimenting, and it seems the front disc brake is grabbing a little, with no pressure on the brake lever. This I haven't figured out how to fix yet and my manual has no helpful information.
So, once I figure out how to ease off the front brake just a little, I will, hopefully (crossing my fingers), have solved all of these little issues.

I think I need to get my hands on a service manual for my scoot. I will definitely give Yamaha the nod for better documentation than Kymco. The regular manual that came with my Vino even had some basic engine schematics. My Kymco's manual has little more than basic use instructions, and nothing that an amateur mechanic can use to really dig into the works with.

One thing I will say for Kymco, their manual is full of some wonderful Engrish!

No comments: