Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Rough ride...

...Not so much in the literal sense.

My wife is back in the hospital again, and my heart feels as if it will break. It's beautiful outside and all I feel like doing is sleeping.

I've been searching my soul, praying, and trying to find an answer, and I have to say, I'm starting to feel like I can identify with Job.

And then I think of the people of Haiti, and I realize that there are always partners in misery and there are always others who have it worse.

I pause for a moment and say a prayer of repentance for my selfishness, but then, a few minutes later, I'm feeling awful again.

I know; however, that I can rest in the words of the well-loved psalm:

The Lord is my shepherd;
I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams.
He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
bringing honor to his name.
Even when I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
protect and comfort me.
You prepare a feast for me
in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord
forever.
Psalm 23 (NLT)

Some days my faith is all that keeps me afloat.

No comments: