Saturday, January 2, 2010

Cold snap...new year...rider down

It's cold. Dang cold. I was out hunting with my best friend today and got a few shots in at some low flying ducks and geese, though, with the wind, I didn't hit any. Thankfully duck and geese are still in season for a few weeks, so I'll have more opportunities to knock a few down.

The new year came and went. I slept through the ball drop. It's not really something that gets me excited. One year is much the same as the next to me. When I was younger, I found the celebration of the new year to be something of note, but now, it seems a pointless exercise and an excuse for revelers to party. I've never been much of a party goer.

I found an article on Lancaster Online about a man who was in a hit and run on his motorbike. It's one of the things that scares the liver out of me. One of the downsides of winter riding is the tendency for cagers to become even more lax than usual in their observance of those of us on two wheels. Some of us just don't have the luxury of riding in a cage, and others of us just don't prefer it (I'm a bit of both).

No comments: