Friday, August 14, 2009

Ridin' around on my scooter-mobile...

I didn't have to work today. Of this, I am most deeply grateful.

I spent a good portion of the day with my family. My wife needed to pick up her phone at the school where she works, so we got her phone then went to "That Fish Place/That Pet Place," a local pet store, to look at the fish and lizards. They have a touch tank there with stingrays, which my son really enjoys. They also have a huge selection of tropical and saltwater fish, coral, and other fun stuff.

We made our way home, had a light lunch, and watched a bit of TV. I had to run an errand, but later made my way to Lancaster Honda to check on the status of the forthcoming Elite 110. They didn't have any yet, but I had a nice chat with their sales manager, Kevin. It's nice to walk into a place and feel like they have time for you. Kevin accomplishes that well.

After leaving Lancaster Honda, I went back home, had supper with my family, and made some homemade marinara sauce and salsa with my wife. We had around 200 Roma tomatoes, some pablano peppers, and some bell peppers from our garden. We boiled down a bunch of the tomatoes for the tomato sauce, then made the salsa, adding some garlic and vidalia onion, as well as some sugar and kosher salt.


The sauce we are freezing until we need it, but we had some of the salsa tonight. The salsa is very good and quite mild since we used pablanos instead of more intense chili peppers.

After supper, I went for a little ride. I found yet another neat barn.


I rode a little more and saw this beautiful vista.


All in all, it was a relaxing and rejuvinating day. Just what I needed.

3 comments:

Joe said...

I'm really enjoying the barn pictures! There's something about an old barn that calls to me, though I don't know why since I've been a "city boy" all my life. I hope you keep finding and photographing them!

- Joe at Scootin' da Valley

cpa3485 said...

It is really nice to have a nice relaxing day, with little pressure, that also includes a nice ride.
Great post!

Jeremy Z said...

I don't post here that often, but I do enjoy reading your blog. Keep it up. Sorry to read about your financial woes. It seems like your wife is working again.