Monday, March 2, 2009

A weekend away...

I spent this weekend at my Church's fourth annual men's retreat at Caledonia State Park near Chambersburg, PA. Aside from being ill Friday evening, the experience was one in which I am glad I was able to share.

I had originally intended to ride out on Rt. 30, but since I had already had a good soaking on Friday and the weather on Sunday was promising snow, I decided against it (and am glad I did).

In any event, we studied excerpts of Chapter four of Real Christianity by William Wilberforce. The recurring theme in the chapter is the pursuit of "authentic" faith as opposed to "cultural Christianity." The exhortation to apply one's faith to daily life through the influence of the Holy Spirit, rather than allowing the prevailing winds of the surrounding culture to sway one from the true path.

It was eye opening and convicting, leaving me with much to ponder while I ride around on my scooter, once the current snowstorm passes.

No comments: