Saturday, March 7, 2009

Beautiful weather we're having!

Today, the thermometer hit 71 degrees (according to Weatherbug). It was a fantastic day for a ride, so I hopped on the Silver Streak and went up to Lebanon to see if I could find the Vespa dealer up that way. I ended up going the wrong direction on 422, but got turned around again, and found Vespa of Lebanon on the west end of town.

I was met out front by Paul Copenhaver, who was more than happy to show me their stock of Vespa, Piaggio, and Aprilia scooters. They have quite the stock, including several MP3's, Scarabeos and Vespa LX's.

If you have the money, Vespa is a good choice, as is Piaggio, or Aprilia. There are certainly other less expensive options, but as with anything else in life, you generally get what you pay for.

Vespa, in particular, stands for quality in the scooter world. For one thing, the body panels of Vespa scooters are still made of metal as opposed to the plastic panels found on most other brands.

If you have the money to do it and you're looking for a scooter with a stellar reputation, and you live in Dauphin, Lebanon, or Lancaster County, Vespa of Lebanon is worth checking into.

The only issue I take with them is that they apparently charge dealer prep fees, over an above MSRP. With the already high cost of a Vespa, this may be a deterent for many buyers (including myself).

No comments: