Sunday, March 8, 2009

My son's first solo ride

I took my little guy out to ride his dirt bike today. After seeing that he was stable enough on the local basketball court, I took him to a dirt track I'd been told he could use until we find a better alternative. We loaded his CRF-50F into the back seat of my Chevy Cavalier and headed out.

He did several circuits around the track. Fell down a few times, but got up, dusted himself off, and kept going. Just seeing him smile was a wonderful thing.

2 comments:

kz1000st said...

Now the big question. When he gets older will you advise him to get a street bike with gears or turn him to the scooter side?

Lee said...

Oh, the dark side of motorcycle riding.
Seek the light, Luke! The force is with the light weight scooters.
Whatever you suggest for him, he will reject later. That's just the nature of children, Paul.
Whatever he rides, make sure you enforce that safety is not an option!
He will curse you, and then, someday thank you for that.
But, you better not forget to wear your helmet in his presence! LOL