Sunday, August 21, 2016

The right stuff

Starting out as a moto-vlogger takes work, and it takes equipment. One needs the following:

  • camera(s) with helmet or handlebar mount
  • sound recorder
  • microphone
  • computer with video editing software
  • Motorcycle or scooter
One doesn't really need the most expensive solution for any of these items and it is possible to use a makeshift solution until a better option makes itself available. 

I've found that if I use a tool properly, I can make it work, even if it isn't the perfect choice. It's a learning process, but it's been fun. 

The one issue I'd like to solve is with sound recording. I've been able to work with the earbud microphone that came with my cellphone, but it is imperfect and picks up a lot of extraneous noise. I'm not sure I want to just get another mic, or get a third camera with a microphone so I can add a third angle. 

One thing is certain, I'm having fun, and that's what I was aiming for. 



No comments: