Friday, August 12, 2016

A visit to the 'Ville

Millersville Pennsylvania is a little college town. I happen to work there currently so I see it a lot, and since I seem to be on a small town kick, it seemed fitting to do a video of the place.

The university started out as a Normal School. These were teacher training schools which have their beginnings in the early 1800's here in the U.S., and as early as the 1700's in Europe.


Horace Mann is the name generally associated with the start of these schools in America with the first being founded initially in Lexington, Massachusetts. From what I understand, it was moved to Westfield Mass and eventually became Westfield State College. Millersville was founded soon after and some of the buildings on campus reflect the age of the institution.

In my travels I met a Honda SH-150 owner and we chatted about older motorcycles. Unfortunately, my audio recording cut out about halfway through, but I had fun even if I cannot share it with you.

So, here is a link to the video. I hope you enjoy it!


No comments: