Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ramblings after work.

After finishing the morning shift today, I stopped at an ethanol free gas station to fill up the scoot, and puttered off for some exploration. I usually like to go down a road or two that I have never traveled previously. Today, I found a heard of "longhorn" steers. In actuality, they appeared to be a shaggy heritage breed of cattle.


I then found my way up into the hills southwest of Lititz. I'd been that way by car before, but never down the path I finally took. I decided to see if the Log Cabin Restaurant had actually closed as rumored. For those who are not from these parts, the Log Cabin was a higher class, upper crust place. Last year, they closed their doors.


The place seems forlorn and a little creepy. Even my scooter seemed bothered since she fell over, even though she was on her sidestand. Thankfully she wasn't damaged much, and she kept running, even on her side. The rear brake lever broke, but that should be easy to replace. The scoot still rides fine, despite her spill.

I went along home, and now, I'm relaxin' on me couch, ready to take a nap.

No comments: