Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 2009 Ephrata Ride-in

Today was another first Sunday in Ephrata. Yet again there were a ton of bikes and this month, there were a bunch of scoots, including some from the "Wild Hogs" scooter club from Philly and Reading.

I am a somewhat new member of the club, and was unsure whether I wanted to remain a part of it, until this morning. The members I met with this morning included some whom I'd met before, and some new faces as well. There were only about ten folks all told, but they are a nice crew of people and it was a real blessing to spend some time with them. I am a bit far from either chapter, so I'm hoping that a Lancaster chapter can be started eventually, but for now, at least I have some folks to ride with on occasion.

We wandered around for a while and had a nice breakfast. The folks at the American Legion post provide good food at a good price. Things have been a bit tight for me financially lately, so I was just going to sit breakfast out since I didn't have any extra cash, but two of the "hogs" were kind enough to purchase my breakfast for me. Their kindness was one of the things that convinced me to stay with the club for now.

After breakfast, we went out to look at the bikes that had come in. The sea of chrome was blinding, though there were a lot of vintage treasures, including a Vespa P series, a '54 Beemer, and an old Honda 350.

The day was perfect. The sunshine was beautiful, the temperature was cool to moderate, and there were only a few clouds in the sky. All told, a great day to look at motorcycles and enjoy the smell of exhaust.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Good pictures, Paul. I got the invite, but have yet to have the time set aside to ride with them. Maybe someday....