Friday, January 30, 2009

Uncomfortable confirmation of suspicions

I confirmed something today that I have long suspected. I will never be able to comfortably ride a standard motorcycle. I went to Trans-Am Cycle in Lititz today for something to do on my way home from work, and noted that they had a few 250cc Ninjas for sale. Curiosity got the best of me so I decided to sit on one to see what it would feel like. The feeling was decidedly uncomfortable.

You see, I have a bit of arthritis in my right hip, so lifting my leg over the seat of the bike was painful and sitting astride it didn't lessen the discomfort. I also tried sitting on a 250cc dual purpose they had and experienced the same thing.

It looks like I will have to forego getting a D.P. bike after all. Maybe a smaller 125 or 200cc dirt bike would work, but for now, I'll just watch my kid enjoy his dirt bike.

1 comment:

kz1000st said...

You should look at the Honda Rebel. It's lower than a Ninja and doesn't force your legs back on the pegs. The same for a Nighthawk. Plus a Rebel is not much more than a Kymco People 150.