Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I hate being sick

It was inevitable.

I have a cold, or the flu, or something like that. It happens every winter. This year I had missed it so far, and I attributed that to riding my scooter in the cold. Everyone else was getting sick, and I was doing fine. Then we started to get icy weather and I could not ride every day, and here I am, sitting up with a rattle in my chest after battling a cold for the last week.

The scooter has been parked since Thursday. I haven't been riding because I feel horrible, and I feel horrible because I haven't been riding. I take comfort in the fact that January is nearly over, February is a short month, and March is just around the corner.

I will soon be putting together my plans for a ride to Massachusetts in April. I plan to follow a similar route to what I put together last summer for taking my Vino north. I also plan to pick up a small tent and camp out when I get up there. I am sincerely looking forward to the opportunity to have a long, relaxing journey.

Now if only the ice and snow would melt and the spring weather would get here so I can ride around Lancaster county some more.

2 comments:

Jeremy Z said...

Road trip! Sounds like fun.

What scooter is that? I'll probably read further back in your blog and find out as soon as I get done posting this. Is it a People 150? 200?

So, your trip will be local roads and highways, eh? It really sounds like fun.

We're planning a trip to LA on the FJR. We're going to have to save a ton of money for gas & hotels. We're kind of on the fence as to whether we should ride & see the whole country on the way, or fly, and rent a bike when we get out there. I need to run some numbers.

I was actually thinking of posting on a couple of scooter fora (urbanscootin and burgmanusa) and publicly asking if people along the way would put us up for the night. It would be a neat way to meet people. It would be fun, but might mess up the route and prevent us from seeing stuff. We'll probably just use cheapo motels.

What kind of guns have you got?

Jeremy Z said...

Oh, by the way, my blog is here:
http://pullings.blogspot.com/

I added you to my riding related links.