Saturday, December 13, 2008

Nice surprize

God is good. Of that I am convinced. This has been a very rough couple of months. My wife has been in and out of the hospital since Mid October and at this point will be unable to return to work until possibly next school year. So, our financial situation is somewhat...difficult.

Thankfully, we've had our church family and friends to back us up and my employer has been more than fair and flexible, which has been a wonderful encouragement.

Christmas was going to be very minimal for us this year...until I recieved a phone call earlier today. Lancaster Honda had a drawing for a Honda CRF-50 dirt bike. I put my name in, figuring that I never win anything. Well, I've apparently won. My son won't forget this Christmas soon, I am sure.

It was a great encouragement to me and my wife in our current financial situation to not have to worry about finding that special something for our son. So, I repeat;

God is good.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Fantastic! I'm glad to hear the Bike went to you.
Your son will be very happy.
We have had the same kind of luck that you have had, for different reasons. I hope your wife is ok.
My wife was just informed that she will be back on the payroll in January, so we won't have to pay for our health insurance, or at least not as much. That will be a big help.
I still haven't sold my Metro, so it sits until spring when I hope to find it a good home. I could use the money, but you can't have everything.