Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's really quite peaceful

I'm looking out my window at a dusting of snow. This winter has been very cold and we have been blessed with multiple snowfalls, for which I am thankful.

I have to wonder at the design of a simple snowflake. I cannot believe that something so delicate, yet so complex as the freezing of water to form a crystalline, lacy structure could happen by chance. The beauty of it and the balance in nature in which some plants cannot thrive without at least a little snowfall (more in northern regions to which such plants are native), completely amazes me.

I rode my scooter to a training at work and when the training was over, I came out to about a quarter inch of snow on my scooter. and a fluffy dusting over the fields outside the group home where the training was held. It was wonderful to behold.

I am, above all else, a student of the Scriptures, and as the Apostle Paul put it, "a follower of the Way." My faith is so much a part of who I am that I rejoice at seeing the handiwork of the Almighty in His creation. This is one of the reasons I take such joy in riding my scooter.

In the account of Job, God challenges Job to consider the Behemoth and Leviathan to see his power. I pose to you that even in the little things, the power of God can be seen...even in the seemingly simple snowflake.

For those of you that are not used to me discussing matters of faith, this is part of who I am, so the occasional foray into what some would call "the metaphysical" will occur. For this, I make no apology.

1 comment:

Joe said...

And apologize you shouldn't!

I'm often moved to prayer while I'm out on the scooter. I appreciate life somehow in a unique way when I'm on two wheels, and often feel the need in the moment to express that appreciation to the One Who made it all.

I like that you're open about your faith here on occasion. I find it refreshing, uplifting, and inspiring.

- Joe at Scootin' da Valley