Sunday, May 1, 2016

Misery loves company

It's the first Sunday of the month, so despite the rain I left the house around 8:30 and took off in the general direction of Ephrata. It wasn't exactly raining, though the PCX shed droplets as I lifted the seat to deposit my iPad within its cavernous depths.

The roads were wet, and the misty drizzle that seemed to hang in the cold spring air formed larger droplets on my visor, effectively dissolving the thin layer of insect remains. Still, the PCX clung to the roads like a nuthatch to a tree branch, seemingly in its element.

Upon arrival at the park, there were two other bikes parked outside the American Legion. It seems more were willing to brave the cold the last few months, but few wish to become sodden and shivering.


A few folks were finishing up breakfast. There were more people in the dining room than bikes in the parking lot since some of the folks had decided to drive their cars instead of braving the elements. I can't say I blame them.

After breakfast, I made my way home, stripped off my wet jeans and went back to bed. It's a lot warmer here and I have a little companion making it even more toasty.


2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scootin' Fool said...

Glad you've enjoyed it. :)