Monday, February 15, 2016

A flipping new adventure.

It's been a few months since school started and I'm starting to feel at home working on bikes. My goal is to eventually have my own business. I want to restore vintage bikes and scooters and sell them. Thanks to a recent unexpected amount of cash, I was able to land a great deal on a 2006 Piaggio BV250. This will be my first venture.


It's a bit rough around the edges, but with a bit of hard work, I think I can turn a little profit, then do it again, and again, and so on. The suspension is in good shape, as are the wheel bearings. The carb needs a good cleaning, but the engine has spark. 

The rear tire is bald, and the front has weather cracks in the tread. There is some minor scratching on the front fender and the left lower fairing under the floorboard has obviously been in contact with the road...or a curb. All told though, it's a good place to start. 

Here's to new adventures.

No comments: