Friday, July 3, 2015

Just two dogs out for a ride

For a while I have had a deep yearning for something rather silly to augment my riding experiment. Someone sent me the following picture on Facebook:



Which I found hilarious. So, I went looking for one, but the only place I could find that sells anything of the sort, Iron Horse Helmets, was sold out. They did have an alternative though.


And that works for me.

Yes folks, it's Rowlf the Dog, though for the sake of avoiding copyright/trademark infringement, they have it labeled simply as "Dog."

So, I got the cover today and it fits well over my helmet. There are a couple issues, the first being that it completely obstructs any vents on the helmet, though this is solved by removing the face-shield (which makes bugs up the nose an issue), but I often run with the shield up anyway, so it's no huge change. Secondly, the nose is a bit in the way at low speeds, but it pops up and out of the way upwords of 50 mph.

It seems well made, though not perfect, and it was allegedly made by hand right here in the good-ol' U.S. of A.



Maggie enjoyed a ride to Lancaster Honda to get some oil, and it was observed that we were observed by several other motorists and pedestrians who found the sight quite humorous.

We shall see how it holds up and in the meantime, I shall enjoy the silliness of it all.

No comments: